September 6, 2008
It looks so small in the after picture compared to how it looked to
this non-do-it-yourselfer at the beginning.... I did learn a few things:
- The air-powered nailer was wicked fun, and well worth the rental
price. I mean, how many how many power tools can you think of which you
get to hit with a hammer to activate?!
- The last 3 or so courses which can't be auto-nailed will take about
as much time as all the rest.
- You will need to break out antacid tablets for the final piece.
- You will pick up at least two slivers which pierce your flesh
enough to leave blood on the installed boards.
- You will not care, though your spouse might. (Bonus hint: try to
drip on the darker-coloured boards!)